Since the advent of jet travel holidays in Majorca have been popular and for good reason. Not only is the island under two hours flight from the UK, but there's a diversity about Mallorca which ensures that tourists will find what they are looking for, and a testament to this is the number of people who visit often for Majorca holidays.
The companies below consistently offer the best prices for holidays in Majorca.
By checking all three companies you can save hundreds of pounds on exactly the same holiday and if you're planning to visit soon keep an eye on their deals as each company has good cheap Majorca holiday deals on offer.
By checking all three you will find the best deal and find good cheap Majorca flights too.
March 23 2011 - Almond Trees In Blossom
Think the island is just for the summer? The Daily Telegraph reveals that winter holidays can be just as good. To read their analysis click below
November 4 2010 - History And Luxury
The Aberdeen Press & Journal in the UK have run a good article about the island's history, and modern facilities.
December 10 2009 - Mallorca Beyond Magaluf
If you're thinking about 2010 Majorca holidays and would like to see more of the island than just the main tourist towns, a good article appeared in The Daily Telegraph recently, and is worth a read
October 8 2009 - Holiday Visitors Drop
The number of people visiting the Spanish mainland and also taking holidays in Majorcahas dropped due to the recession -read an article about how it has affected local businesses on the mainland of Spain
Majorca, the largest island in Spain, is located in the Mediterranean Sea.
The setting is spectacular with hot summers, sandy beaches, clear water, and historic attractions, making Majorca a popular holiday destination.
Playa de Muro, one of the great holiday beaches in Majorca
Majorca (or Mallorca) is a holiday spot for many people because of the climate and good Majorca weather the natural scenic quality, the relaxed nature of the island, and the food served on the island in more than 300 restaurants. The island practically guarantees a relaxing trip, and that's the appeal for many tourists.
Popular Majorca Holiday Areas:
1. Palma de Mallorca. The stone Gothic church makes a big impression on the landscape and visitors alike. When you look at a Majorca map Palma is often highlighted as it is the capital.
The stained glass windows and the door with The Last Supper on it are magnificent sights for people on their Majorca holidays who appreciate a taste of history.
2. Beaches. The biggest reason people choose to spend their holidays in Majorca is to experience the beauty of her beaches, with 80 beaches to choose from. Though some can get busy, there are two beaches that stand out from the rest, and if you look around, you are sure to find more hidden spots with a more intimate quality. Palma Nova is a beautiful but crowded holiday spot with a sandy beach and clear blue water. Another must-see is the Torrent de Pareis. A 45-minute boat ride from Port de Soller drops you off within a short distance through a cave to a breath-taking beach. It is a great scenic tour.
3. Caves. Limestone caves are normally included on bus tours for those on a Majorca holiday. Caves are cool, damp places where visitors can find a reprieve from the sunshine. You'll be able to take in the sight of stalactites, stalagmites, and a boat full of entertainers to add ambiance to your Mallorca experience.
4. Marineland. Tourists often visit the amusement parks, like Marineland, which feature dolphin shows and sea lions, parrot shows, birds, lizards, tropical fish, sharks, and penguins. A visit to Marineland makes for a great family day, and if you are on a cheap Majorca holiday buying a family ticket helps keep the costs down.
5. Breathtaking Scenery. Mallorca is known for its beauty, but one place is particular, the Cap de Formentor, is especially dramatic. It is northeast on the island and features rocks covered in pine trees with cliffs that overlook the sea. The lighthouse is often crowded with tourists, but don't let that put you off from visiting this amazing site while on Majorca holiday.
Whatever you choose to do while visiting, it will be a getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life, the pressures of work, and the demands of the family. Nothing can brighten your mood or lift your spirit more than spending time surrounded by nature, and the island is home to some of the most beautiful natural surroundings. Plus of course there is the climate and great Majorca weather
There are official public days off in seven of the twelve months of the year.
With the warm weather and beautiful, white sandy beaches, it is is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Mediterranean. The dates for the public Majorca holidays 2011 are listed below.
Some of the times with tour operators like Thomson Holidays to consider when planning your vacation for Mallorca are Maundy Thursday in March, which is part of Holy Week, a religious day. You will able to observe religious traditions and observe the processions that leave the churches and see the carrying of the crucifix.
Another Majorca holiday is October 12, which is National Day and this is a national Spanish day as well as a Mallorca holiday. It is known as Dia de la Hispanidad which celebrates the discovery of the New World by Columbus. The Majorca hotels can get busy at this time.
In times past public days off meant that public transport was virtually non existent, but this is less so today. It used to sometimes affect flights as it would take longer for baggage to be unloaded off a flight, but again the public days make little difference to the airport's overall efficiency, and cheap holidays in Majorca are no longer on special deals because of this.
|1 January||New Year's Day|
|1 March||Dia de las Islas Baleares|
|19 March||Saint Joseph|
|1 April||Maundy Thursday|
|2 April||Good Friday|
|4 April||Easter Sunday|
|5 April||Easter Monday|
|1 May||Labour Day|
|2 May||Mothers Day|
|25 July||Saint James|
|15 August||Assumtion Day|
|12 October||Spanish National Holiday|
|1 November||All Saints' Day|
|8 December||Immaculate Conception|
|25 December||Christmas Day|
|26 December||St. Stephens Day|
|31 December||New Year's Eve|
For 2011 Majorca holidays there's some exceptional deals around, and we hope to bring you more good cheap Mallorca package holiday bargains in the coming months for 2012 Majorca holidays as well.
As well as conventional package holidays in a hotel have you considered perhaps renting a villa?
Often people consider that cheap holidays in Mallorca aren't possible when taking a villa, but surprisingly given that a lot of them come with their own private pool and garden area this isn't necessarily the case.
Mallorca holidays in a villa are available island-wide, and it's worth checking out a few of the companies who offer them.
If you are flexible for when you can travel some of them have some good late deals, and like normal package trips at the same time a car can be hired and flights booked, but these can also be done independently.
But what about if you don't want to hire a car, and the good thing about staying in a hotel is that you can choose one that's within walking distance of bars and restaurants and other facilities?
Look out for the Mallorca holiday ones that have a symbol next to them saying car not essential as there certainly are villas that are located within walking distance of the beach and / or local amenities and at the same time as booking your holidays in Mallorca you can organise transport to and from the airport, sometimes on a coach but another option often offered is a taxi, and on the return journey home they should pick you up to get you to Palma Airport in plenty of time to catch your flight home.
One company in the UK who offers all this is James Villas